September 10, 2012

CACFP

Most of you have seen a form come home the last month about the Colorado Adult and Childcare Food Program.  There have been a lot of questions about this program, so I wanted to try to address them.

This program provides reimbursements for snacks (and lunches) served to your child at school.  The school will receive reimbursements for EVERY CHILD served a snack at school who fills out this form.  There are different levels, but they all receive something.  This would enable us to serve even healthier snacks, and possibly even more of a breakfast in the mornings!!  We love providing nutritious snacks to our students and are always on the lookout for ways to improve the food at school.

This will also give us options for free and reduced lunches!  YAY!  Until we are qualified, I will not be able to figure out how it works, but I hope we can figure things out soon!
I cannot even apply for this program without the forms I have sent home filled out and returned.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  These forms are only used for eligility levels, and are locked in a file cabinet in a locked office when not in use.

Thanks!
Shanda Schlagenhauf